In an effort to be more proactive in posting this year, and be more active in enjoying little things in my own life, I’m trying out doing a new recipe a week for as long as I can. So with that, I’ll bring you some new recipes! Or maybe sometimes my trials and failures at cooking new recipes.
Lately I’ve been eating a bit ‘healthier’ when I’m not snowed in for days and eating left over pizza for breakfast. Part of this ‘healthier’ kick is not giving in completely to the temptation of sweets. I’m not much of a sugar and candy kind of girl, but every once in a while I do have the occasional sweet tooth.
This has been my go to on several evenings.
1 Banana – sliced
1 tablespoon of honey
Olive oil/coconut oil
Cinnamon 1 tablespoon of water
Get To Cooking
1. In a skillet drizzle the oil (whichever you decided to use) and put the banana slices in
2. Cook each side of the banana for about 1 minute, or two depending on how crispy you’d like them.
3. This step is a bit optional. Whisk together the honey and the water.
4. Remove the skillet from the heat and pour honey mixture over the bananas.
5. Let it cool and sprinkle cinnamon on them.
I’ve experiment a little bit in getting the right honey to cinnamon ratio. I tried not whisking it with water and just doing a dot of honey on each banana slice, that worked out quite well! I also messed up the ratio quite badly and had soggy fried bananas. Not nearly as tasty.
It’s a great little snack. If you like bananas!