I LOVE roasted potatoes! Did you hear that? LOVE them. I try my best not to make these every week, as I’m sure Kh would get real sick of me cooking.
Now that Summer is on it’s merry little way here, I’m going to be making this on the grill at least every other weekend. Hopefully no one will be surprised if my hips grow twice in size this Summer.
- Small red or white potatoes (You can get small bags of them)
- Olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F, and cover a baking sheet in a piece of tin foil.
2. Cut the onion up into whatever size pieces you like. I usually cut them into slices that are about the size of half a dime.
3. Wash the potatoes thoroughly, and cut the potatoes in either halves or quarters (I prefer quarters). Spread them out on the baking sheet.
4. Spread the onions over the potatoes, using as many as you want. I like using a lot and then letting them cook until crunchy.
5. Pour on the olive oil! Use your basic judgment as to how much you should be using. Don’t drown them. Then sprinkle the salt over this lovely combination.
6. Put in the oven and cook for upwards of an hour. The longer you cook them, the crunchier pieces will get. Like I said I like the onions really crunch and the potatoes to be almost as crunchy (just not burnt!).
Enjoy! These really go with so many different things, or maybe I’m just making that up as an excuse to make them more often.. I know what I’m making this weekend..