I’ve returned! After taking some much needed time away from blogland, I’ve decided to start up once again. June seems like a rather promising month, and I hopefully have some great posts in store. It’s been nice “unplugging” from the virtual world. I can’t say I’ve gotten too much done,
For the past few weeks I’ve been trying out different recipes I’ve found, and even improvising a few of my own. This baked kale recipe would have to be my favorite. I made it on a complete whim one night while watching Game of Thrones (obsessed!) and lets just say the chips didn’t survive until the end of the show.
You know what else they didn’t survive? Long enough for me to get a photograph of them! But, use your imagination. Crispy kale.
- 1 bunch of kale (you can even get kale in a bag)
- olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, or foil.
2. Wash kale thoroughly, and break apart the leaves from the stems. Make the pieces as large or small as you’d like them. It’s delicious either way!
3. Place the kale on the baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle salt on top.
4. Bake in the oven until the edges are brown.
Notes: Having different sizes of kale pieces made the baking time vary. In total it was in the oven for about 20 minutes. I went a little overboard on the olive oil which made the kale less crispy than it could have. But still delicious!
So how many times have I said delicious in this post? Get the point yet? Even talking about these chips is making me want to go make some right now. Grocery runnn!