It’s Friday! And I’m hungry.
Today I bring you a recipe from Kelley, whom you may remember from the yogi granola recipe, and the inspirational healthy valentines day post she did for me here at Marie, Oh Marie. The recipe is not only delicious, but fun to say. Easy beans and greens, try saying that 5 times fast.
It also has two of my favorite things.. beans, and all the ingredients in one bowl. Yum, yum!
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yield: 2-3 servings
- 1 can black beans (or pinto, red, kidney, adzuki—your choice)
- 1 bunch collard greens (or kale, spinach,collards—your choice)
- 4 Tbs. Olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 11/2 cup of mushrooms (shiitake, white button, crimini—your choice)
- Your favorite toppings, such as salsa, avocado or guacamole and sour cream
1. In a medium saucepan, heat drained beans. Add your favorite seasonings, if desired.
2. In a separate medium sized sauté pan on medium heat with 3 of the 4 Tbs. of olive oil, add in garlic and mushrooms and sauté on medium to low heat until mushrooms are tender.
3. Wash and chop greens (you can use the stems, too) and add to mushrooms and remaining 1 Tbs of olive oil.
4. Cook for 3-4 minutes until greens are bright green and tender. Cover and turn off heat.
5. On a plate, arrange a portion of the greens, top with a portion of the beans and finish with toppings of your choice.
I also like to layer this with a grain like brown rice or quinoa on the bottom, a little shredded cheese, beans, greens, and toppings of your choice to make this a full meal!
Thanks a lot, Kelley! Until next time folks.