While surfing around for local artists and vendors to showcase in the boutique I manage, I very happily came across this mouth watering recipe found on the SoWa Open Market blog.
Kale, goat cheese and sweet potato mashed potato recipe. Need I say any more?
The recipe itself seems easy enough.
- 2 lb (about 2 large) sweet potatoes or garnet yams
- 4 cups shredded kale
- 4 oz goat cheese
- 1 cup milk
- Salt, freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar or maple syrup (optional)
1.Peel the sweet potato or yams. Cut into even sized 1 inch cubes. Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot filled with water. Boil uncovered for 15 minutes or till they are very soft.
2. Drain the sweet potatoes well and leave them in the colander.
3. In the same pot, add the kale, goats cheese and milk and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer till the kale has just wilted. Add salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
4. Add the cooked sweet potatoes to the hot kale and milk. Mash well. If the mashed sweet potato is too thick, add more milk to thin it out to your liking.
Guess what I’ll be making when Kh returns from California next weekend?